Be prepared for an exciting walk around Katong Joo Chiat, Singapore first and only heritage town. Admire colourful pre-war Peranakan architecture and painted murals tucked in various corners. Take a glimpse into understanding the food & material culture of the Peranakans. Observe how traditional sarong kebaya and beaded shoes are being made. Complete the experience with tantalising treats that is synonymous with this area. Come hungry!
Preserve the memories of this delightful walk with beautiful photographs. Receive an e-album which you can proudly share with friends and family with compliments of Dynasty Travel.
Meeting point/time: Paya Lebar MRT station exit A, 9am
Duration: 3 hours (approximately 2.5km on foot)
Dep: Wed, Thu, Sat (min 5 people)
1. Geylang Serai Market – architecture inspired by traditional Malay longhouses
2. Joo Chiat Complex – where we used to get our passports made
3. Joo Chiat Popiah Murals – admire the essence of popiah culture
4. Kuan Im Tng Temple (Joo Chiat ) – a fusion of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism
5. Koon Seng Road - famous for its picturesque and colourful houses
6. History of Healing Mural - pays homage to this building’s past, that was centred around healing and life.
7. Turtle Cape Mural - throwback to the days when Katong was next to the sea
8. Conserved Terrace Houses – these used to stand beside a former sea wall
9. Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple – one of Singapore’s tallest and oldest Hindu temples
10. Peranakan Culture, Rumah Bebe & Decorative Tiles – be charmed by colours and cheekiness of these murals.
11. Singapore Visitor Centre – gain an insight into Peranakan culture
What is included?
3 snacks, guided walking tour of Joo Chiat & Katong, visit to Peranakan boutique, e-album, personal audio system (please bring own headphones with regular phone jack if you have them)
Temperature check will be conducted for all group members. Customers with body temperature higher than 37.5o C will not be able to join the tour.
Face mask must be worn at all times
Please observe social distancing and keep to groups of 5 or less as assigned by staff
Please turn on TraceTogether app/token throughout.
Terms & conditions
50% refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 4 days before the selected activity date.
No refund will be issued for cancellation made at 1-3 days before the selected activity date
Entire group must travel together on specific day and tour for group discount.
This is a rain or shine event.