Be prepared for an exciting walk around Katong Joo Chiat, Singapore first and only heritage town. Admire colourful pre-war Peranakan architecture and painted murals tucked in various corners. Complete the experience with tantalising treats that is synonymous with this area. Come hungry!
Look forward to an enriching experience at The Mask Fellows, Singapore's own manufacturer of surgical mask produced in ISO 7 cleanroom environments. What is ISO 7 cleanroom? Find out all about it during the visit. Wearing the right mask protects ourselves and people around us.
Visit the NEWater Visitor Centre, an education hub that promotes water sustainability in Singapore. Enjoy a fun-filled time with an interactive tour.
Preserve the memories of this delightful walk with beautiful photographs. Receive an e-album which you can proudly share with friends and family with compliments of Dynasty Travel.
Meeting point/time: Paya Lebar MRT station exit A, 9am
Duration: 7 hours (approximately 2.5km on foot)
Departure: Wed, Thu, Sat (Minimun 10 to go)
1. Geylang Serai Market – architecture inspired by traditional Malay longhouses
2. Joo Chiat Complex – where we used to get our passports made
3. Joo Chiat Popiah Murals – admire the essence of popiah culture
4. Kuan Im Tng Temple (Joo Chiat ) – a fusion of Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism
5. Koon Seng Road - famous for its picturesque and colourful houses
6. History of Healing Mural - pays homage to this building’s past, that was centred around healing and life.
7. Turtle Cape Mural - throwback to the days when Katong was next to the sea
8. Conserved Terrace Houses – these used to stand beside a former sea wall
9. Sri Senpaga Vinayagar Temple – one of Singapore’s tallest and oldest Hindu temples
10. Peranakan Culture, Rumah Bebe & Decorative Tiles – be charmed by colours and cheekiness of these murals
11. The Mask Fellows – Singapore’s first surgical mask produced in ISO 7 cleanroom
12. NEWater Visitor Centre – learn how water molecules undergo treatment (closed on Monday)
What is included?
3 snacks, admission to the mask factory, 1 box of surgical mask, transportation, guided walking tour of Joo Chiat & Katong, guided tour of NEWater Visitor Centre, personal audio system (please bring own headphones with regular phone jack if you have them)
Temperature check will be conducted for all group members. Customers with body temperature higher than 37.5o C will not be able to join the tour.
Face mask must be worn at all times
Please observe social distancing and keep to groups of 5 or less as assigned by staff
Please turn on TraceTogether app/token throughout.
Terms & conditions
50% refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 4 day(s) before the selected activity date.
No refund will be issued for cancellation made at 1-3 days before the selected activity date
This is a rain or shine event.
Please come in comfortable walking shoes, bring drinking water and rain/sun gear.